Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome back :)

Having returned from surfing in March, the past two months have been quite the revelation.

Been training dirty, eating clean and really loving life!

As I write this I am cookin' up some pancakes. A recipe I made up, and find quite delish.
  
Spelt Blueberry Pancakes

1 cup of ground spelt flakes
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup lactose free 1% milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana (to sweeten)
1 tsp honey - for topping
1 tsp coconut oil for pan

Instead of syrup, drizzle honey over your pancake!
Makes 2 more than enough for one, and a lovely light brekkie for two :)
Frozen blueberries distribute more evenly throughout and don't sink to the bottom!

Yum.


Eating clean has made a huge difference. When training dirty and hard, and eating clean, you can actually see the muscle cutting through your flesh a lot quicker. Super cool. I'm down to a size 6, can run up stairs without getting winded, and my quads are looking stellar. Wearing shorts, is so much more fun this summer!


Ok ok, I know you want a guy update!!

I was seeing one for a couple months, but he was quite the liar. The same old story, really. He was bald, 39, worked in finance and had an ego the size of the Taj Mahal.

What is new is how I recently reconnected with a longtime pal Saturday night and ...sparks flew. I have known him for nearly 10 years. And our little date was so lovely. We were both so nervous and I couldn't understand why until we met up. There's always been chemistry there, yet we never explored it. I wonder why...

It was so lovely in fact that a week ago, I had a date planned for Sunday night and I was relieved when he bailed!

Saturday was one of those nights when you have a perma-smile for the following days. And it was so awesome, nothing could spoil it.


And more developments include learning how to SUP, my Spanish courses, and having fun. :)

More developments will be posted more frequently. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment