Monday, January 28, 2013

Slushy weather bring's out the gentlemen...

I was bounding home after work, my usual bouncy self when he approached me. Perhaps it was because I had my sights set on going to the LCBO to pick up my favourite wine by the Cupcake Vineyard so I was extra happy.

He surprised me when he came up behind me and commented on my boots. I was wearing my DC snowboard boots since it was so slushy out. They are losing their waterproof factor, but they still prove to be the warmest pair I have. But I sure had a giggle when said handsome stranger remarked that I was not in the Tundra and needn't wear those. Ah ... the backhanded compliment. Why does it work?

I was oddly charmed. Especially when he offered to carry me across a huge puddle of slush. I declined with a big smile and a giggle. Though I was amused, I was happy he didn't follow me into the LCBO. It was a fun silly moment and needn't be anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment